Dr. Naureen Alim
About the Doctor
Naureen Alim, M.D. performed her undergraduate work at the University of Wisconsin - Madison where she earned a Bachelor of Science with Honors in Bacteriology. After medical school at the University of Wisconsin she came to Houston to start her Internal Medicine Residency at Baylor College of Medicine. Following residency, she remained at Baylor College of Medicine to complete a combined Fellowship training program in Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology where she also served as Chief Fellow during her final year. During her training, Dr. Alim was a presenter at the meeting of the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. She presented a case of furosemide hypersensitivity and desensitization that was later published in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. She remains interested in the area of drug hypersensitivity and desensitization. She is also interested in the area of allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis and the care and management of numerous rheumatologic conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and osteoarthritis. She is a member of numerous national organizations including the American College of Rheumatology, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. She is also a member of the Harris County Medical Society and the Texas Medical Association.
Dr. Alim spends most of her spare time with her two young sons and her husband. She enjoys cooking, baking and watching movies. She is best known for her warm bed-side manner and the time she takes with each of her patients making sure they understand each aspect of their disease and treatment.
Board Certified in Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology
Medical School: University of Wisconsin, Madison
Internship/Residency: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Appointments: Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Services Offered in Allergy:
- Diagnosis and management of allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis and asthma
- Diagnosis and management of urticaria (hives)
- Allergy skin testing and allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots)
- Evaluation of penicillin allergy utilizing penicillin skin testing and/or challenge
Services Offered in Rheumatology:
- Early consultations - no more waiting 3-6 months to see a Rheumatologist!
- On-site infusion suite offering numerous medications currently used in the management of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis
- Diagnosis and management of various autoimmune diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, and myositis
- Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis
English and Urdu/Hindi
Helpful LinksAmerican College of Rheumatology
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology